Paint decorated PA document box, paint loss to lower corner
Boston Queen Anne Lowboy, replace missing drop finials
Fill, paint and grain damage to case side on grain painted cupboard
Create 3 shell carved cornice for Dunlap Chest on Chest
Rejoin top along a variable curve on a Hepplewhite sideboard
Hepplewhite sideboard, French polish and apply correct hardware
E. Tracy CT Windsor, replace missing rolled over knuckles, match old paint and wear
Bleach out water damage and recolor without disrupting old surface
Inlaid center paterae, sanded through and badly damaged
Queen Anne highboy, broken drawer lip as well as extra holes and scarring from later oversize Chippendale hardware. Extra holes plugged, scarring colored out and reverted to appropriate Queen Anne hardware
Working closely with a network of professionals in related fields, JS Doig Restoration is a one-stop shop for all your restoration needs, eliminating the need to go from one specialist to another. Some more common services include but are not limited to:
- Paint restoration, cleaning, inpainting, and complete old paint re-creations.
- Cleaning and conservation of old surfaces, reconditioning, spot repair, surface and color matching, and complete refinishing, from old surface re-creations to brilliant French polishes and anything in between.
- Structural and aesthetic repair, including fabrication of missing structral pieces, moldings, turnings, missing or broken feet, damage due to shrinkage, etc.
- Veneer and marquetry repair
- Broken/missing carving
- Upholstry, including rush seating and caning
- Metalwork, including replication of missing hardware, complete custom design, or metalwork repair
- Guilding/guilding repair
- All modern finishes
- Onsite cleaning and waxing, certain other onsite services available
Many more services are available upon request. All repairs are done using period appropriate materials.
All pieces are fully insured.
Pick up and delivery service is available.
Tiger Maple Candlestand, remove old screw repairs, fill, color and grain
Litchfield Ct Tallcase Clock, missing fretwork (pattern adapted from a similar example) fluted side coumns, plinths, brass finials, brass column caps, door latch, tombstone upper section of door and glass
Painted PA Cupboard, replace missing feet and side moldings, re create paint
Hourglass case made for rare exising handblown hourglass. Finished with a two tone period appropriate old paint re-creation